CSSD Intermediate Course 2022
The 4 day CSSD Intermediate Course is aimed at equipping delegates with the knowledge of the standards, complexities and challenges associated with the CSSD function and the comprehensive working skills required to deliver a high standard of care for patients and the healthcare fraternity.
The topics covered by our esteemed speakers will include the latest developments surrounding the issue of sterilisation and infection control. The course will include a series of lectures, small group discussions, hands-on practices as well as a Q&A session complemented by site visits to local hospitals.
This year course will be running as face-to-face course. The venue will be informed shortly.
This course will provide the participant enhanced knowledge and application skills required to handle and manage all types of reusable items/instruments including endoscopes safely. The participant will be taught on sterilisation processes including quality controls used in cleaning and sterilisation processes.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
1) Check the functionality of every cleaning equipment and perform cleaning efficiency test
2) Sort, identify, clean and decontaminate all types of surgical instruments, including endoscopes
3) Check, assemble and pack all surgical instruments, on-loan instrument sets, MIS and endoscope
4) Perform sterilization process and monitor quality controls used in sterilization
5) Supervise, manage the sterile storage area, inventory and distribution
6) Demonstrate ability to perform orientation and on-the-job training for new staff
7) Practice teamwork with effective verbal, non-verbal and written communication.
8) Perform checks on the safety requirements at the workplace established by the institution.
Only candidates who fulfill the minimum attendance requirement of 90% will be eligible to sit for the written examinations. A certificate will be issued to each participant upon successful completion of the written examination. CME/ CNE points will be accredited to Singapore registered healthcare personnel accordingly.
Who Should Attend
Doctors, Nurses, Hospital Administrators, Operating Theatre Personnel ∙ Pharmaceutical Personnel, Central Sterile Supply Department Personnel and Infection Control Personnel.
The participants are assumed to have basic knowledge and skills on the activities and practices at the Sterile Processing Department (SPD), attended a basic CSSD course previously, AND currently working in operating theatre or SPD facility for at least two (2) years on reprocessing of instruments.
(Incl. of 7% Goods and Service Tax)
(till 15 September 2022)
(from 16 September 2022)
|Non ICA(S) Member||$1,200||$1,500|
|Group registration discount
From 5 pax and above
* To enjoy member rate, member must be with the society for at least 6 months at time of registration.